Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Today's fortune: April 12, 2011

Today's fortune: Investigate the new opportunity that will soon become an option.

I'm kicking myself. Because I think the opportunity this fortune was referring to slipped through my fingers.

I passed up a used book sale today.

I don't think I've ever done that before. I gave myself a good excuse. "I'll be working hard today," I told myself, "and I wanna go straight home after work and relax."

Stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid.

Oh well. I will live.

Beyond that, not a lot of opportunities came my way today. I was hoping somebody would say, "Hey Matt, I'd like to invite you to my luxury suite at Kauffman Stadium to watch the Royals play." But nobody did. Those bastards.

I even cruised over to Craigslist to see if there was anything interesting in the "Free stuff" category. I always love the opportunity to get free stuff. Jamie and I got our entertainment center for free in a Craigslist ad, and it's awesome. But nothing piqued my interest. I don't have need for another entertainment center, a literal ton of sand, a broken television, a trampoline, some carpet "reminants" or a free pair of crutches.

I did take the opportunity to pick the brain of an experienced co-worker today, who gave me some good tips on how to better process widgets. Not sure if that's why, but I did have a significantly better day at work today, and I feel like I'm getting caught up, even after a mini-catastrophe yesterday when I felt like the world was crashing in on me again.

When more opportunities come along, I will dutifully investigate them. In the meantime, I'm going to go read all my OLD crummy books.

No comments:

Post a Comment