Friday, April 22, 2011

Today's fortune: April 22, 2011

Today's fortune: You will be soon receive a letter from a loved one.

Yesterday, Jamie and I received in the mail a lovely thank-you note. It was from our cousin Adam, his girlfriend Kayla, and Kayla's daughter Lydia. They were thanking us for a gift we brought to their baby shower. We got her some kind of towel thing with a big stuffed frog head on it. I don't know. I guess you wrap the baby in the towel after you give it a bath and the baby looks like a frog or something. Jamie picked it out. I would have gotten the kid a baseball glove.

But Kayla seemed to like it, and she sent us a very nice, thoughtful card.

Unfortunately, we received the card yesterday, several hours before I read this fortune. The statute of limitations doesn't extend this far.

Today, I have received no letters from loved ones.

I'm banking on the fact that I will receive one "soon," as the fortune indicates. If I do, I will let you know.

But for now, I am a sad, letter-less man.

One more thing. I would be remiss if I didn't point out another incident of "Engrish" in today's fortune. "You will be soon receive..." Gives me another excuse to run a photo from Engrish.com.

4 comments: