Monday, July 25, 2011

Today's fortune: July 25, 2011

Today's fortune: Advancement will come with hard work.

Short post tonight, folks. I'm not feeling well, and I'm going to go lay down. (I'm fine, Mom.)

Jamie and I had a long discussion this morning about the fortunes I've been getting recently, particularly yesterday's fortune, which said "Life always gets harder near the summit." The message had a profound effect on Jamie, who is nearing the summit of her education. She believes the summit, for us, is a time a year or two down the road when she's working as a teacher, I'm advancing in my job and we're ready to start a family. That would be one hell of a summit.

Over the last four days, I've received four fortunes that have tied together in surprising ways. In addition to yesterday's about the summit and today's, which says "Advancement will come with hard work," I've also received this: "Endurance and persistence will be rewarded," and this: "No need to worry! You will always have everything that you need."

These are not just fortunes, friends, these are life motivators. The higher you climb, the harder it gets. But be persistent and endure. Work hard and you will earn your advancement. And remember: don't worry. Everything's gonna be okay.

A world-class therapist could tell you that, or you could get it from four slips of paper embedded in cheap stale cookies.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for telling me you're fine. I hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete