Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Today's fortune: August 24, 2011

Today's fortune: The love of your life will appear in front of you unexpectedly!

I had a pretty good day today at the ol' widget factory. The new inventory was fairly light, and I was able to get caught up on a bunch of stuff, including all the old widgets that I would have polished up last week if I'd had the time.

But at one point today, it looked like the day was taking a turn for the worse. I was working on this one particular widget, and the customer was being difficult. Really difficult. We ended the call on bad terms, and my frustration level was climbing.

Then it happened.

My cell phone was sitting on the desk in front of me. As I was processing the widget I'd just finished, it started to vibrate.

When I receive a text message, the photo of the person sending the message pops up on the screen. The message I received was, "Hi babe, hows ur day? Love u!" And the picture that appeared was this:


That's one of my favorite photos of the love of my life. That's my Jamie. And that's the picture I see when she texts me.

And like magic (the magic of computer chips, satellite signals and wireless devices), Jamie's image appeared unexpectedly in front of me.

It's the kind of thing I wouldn't have thought about had I not read this fortune today.

No comments:

Post a Comment