Friday, August 26, 2011

Today's fortune: August 26, 2011

Today's fortune: You will soon be surrounded by good friends and laughter.

Good timing on this one. Lots of fun and laughter at work today. That's not to say the widget makers weren't productive, but it seemed like everybody had a case of Fridayitis. We were all anxious for the weekend to begin, but we were all happy to be there.

Surprisingly, all of my co-workers genuinely like each other. That's rare, and it's pretty amazing. I would consider many of them to be my friends.

One thing I've learned over the past 238 days is that fortune cookies talk about friends and friendship a lot. I think that's appropriate. Friends are a true fortune. I know that sounds cliché, but it's simply the truth.

Of course, you can choose your friends, but most of us find throughout life that the best friends we have are the ones dealt to us. On that note, this fortune's timing is again impeccable. This weekend, we're heading down home to visit relatives in central Missouri. It should be a good time. And if the past is any indication, the weekend should be full of some good-natured ribbing, late-night chat sessions, a few hands of cards, a few bottles of beer, and lots and lots of laughter.

And now, for something completely different: allow me to leave you today with the song I've been most recently obsessed with, Blink 182's "Up All Night."

No comments:

Post a Comment