Thursday, September 15, 2011

Today's fortune: September 15, 2011

Today's fortune: A merry heart makes a cheerful countenance.
Today is my thirty-second birthday, folks. This fortune is going to be pretty short so I can get to celebrating. But here are a few of the things that made my heart merry and my countenance cheerful today:

* Being woken up with a birthday kiss from my wife at 1 a.m.

* My supervisor brought in donuts for the team at work today, and I received a card signed by all my team members.

* Said team members made me feel special with warm wishes and smiling faces.

* Work was busy, but fairly stress-free.

*The dozens and dozens of birthday well-wishes on Facebook, many from friends I haven't seen for years and others from folks I see every day.

* When I stepped in the door of the house tonight, my beautiful wife greeted me with another birthday kiss, a bottle of Coors Light and an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie, my dessert of choice this year.

* Jamie and I are making fajitas out on the grill.

* After dark, if it's not too cold, we're going to start a fire in the fire pit and snuggle under the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment