Saturday, September 17, 2011

Today's fortune: September 17, 2011

Today's fortune: Your family is young, gifted and attractive.
My older brother Marty thinks this fortune was written specifically about him, and he did not hesitate to tell me this. However I have photographic evidence that points to the contrary on all three counts.


When I first read the fortune, the first thing that came to my mind was, of course, my wife Jamie, who is young, gifted and attractive. Jamie is preparing to celebrate her second consecutive 30th birthday, which is still young in my book, but Jamie has a young heart and a youthful spirit to match an old soul. Jamie is gifted in too many ways to list here but including wisdom, humor and the ability to make me smile by just the mere thought of her. And she is without question the most attractive person - physically and otherwise - I've ever met. Needless to say, I love her very much, and I am one lucky bastard to have her.

I guess you could also apply this fortune to my three cats. "Young" would be Phillip, a big boy who is still young enough to be precocious. "Attractive" is JoJo, a beautiful darling of a cat who warms our hearts at every glance. "Gifted" is Short Round, a true acrobat, an unmatched high jumper and a skilled mouse hunter. We hit the cat lottery with all three of them.

Then I also think of my immediate family, and this fortune could apply to them, too. My sister-in-law Sarah is young, and she will soon bring us a bundle of joy whose youth will make us all rejoice. My parents have the most attractive personalities of anybody I've ever known - all the best traits I have come from both of them equally. And despite that picture up there, my brother Marty is a brilliant educator who makes me very proud.

"Young, gifted and attractive." Of course, those all apply to me, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment