Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Today's fortune: September 21, 2011

Today's fortune: Your talents will be recognized and suitably rewarded.
Let's hope so.

I interviewed for a gig today at work. I'm not calling it a "job" because I would still be a widget maker, and I wouldn't make any more money. However, if I got this gig, I would essentially become a part of the training staff, helping brand-new widget trainees transition to full-fledged widget makers.

I think I'm pretty good at being a widget maker, despite some hiccups earlier in the year, and I think other people at Acme Co. think so, too. This gig would be a huge reward for my talents, and a recognition that the company sees me as a part of its future. That's pretty cool.

And the gig is something that would look great on the ol' resume.

The only problem is, a lot of other highly-qualified and talented people applied for the same position, and I have the least experience of anyone who applied. I think I probably won't get it because of that, but I'm not sure. If I have a leg up, it's that my new-ness should be beneficial to new trainees who will soon be facing the same obstacles I climbed over just a few months ago.

But we'll see what happens. If I don't get it, that's fine (I don't really expect it). If I do get it, that'll be amazing. I think we may find out in the next few days, and I'll certainly keep you posted.

1 comment: