Saturday, September 24, 2011

Today's fortune: September 24, 2011

Today's fortune: Your winsome smile will be your sure protection.

And what a perfect day to smile, too. The weather is magnificent. It's Saturday. And Jamie and I spent the day with my family doing something I hadn't done since high school: we attended the Liberty Fall Festival, an annual celebration in my hometown of Liberty, Missouri.

The climax of the event was the parade. It was a good parade. And who can't smile at a parade?

It made me smile to see my wife smiling and happy after eating a falafel and hummus sandwich I found for her at one of the food vendors.


It made me smile to see the Marching Blue Jays, the Liberty High School band of which I was once a member. And they were killing it.


And it made me smile to see my father, a proud U.S. Air Force veteran, salute when the color guard marched past.


Smiling is important, and it can be a form of protection. At Acme Co., they train us to smile when we hear our phones ringing; if you're smiling when you talk to someone on the phone, the person on the other end can literally tell you're smiling. Try it sometime and see if the conversation doesn't go better.

No comments:

Post a Comment