Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Today's fortune: September 27, 2011

Today's fortune: Accept the next proposition you hear.
This was a scary fortune to read this morning. I spent my whole commute worried that a radio DJ would say something like, "Come on, folks, it's a beautiful day to drive down the wrong side of the highway!" (It never occurred to me until now to turn the radio off.)

But nothing happened. I didn't receive my first proposition until I got to work, and I'm not sure you'd even consider it a proposition: we received an e-mail asking us to buy raffle tickets for some concert or other. I didn't buy any, largely because I wasn't carrying any cash today; I couldn't help it.

The next proposition was quickly, and thankfully, accepted. A co-worker who sits across from me dined at Five Guys Burgers & Fries for lunch, and brought a sack full of fries back with her. She couldn't eat them and offered them to me. I snatched them up. And they were delicious.

With the proposition accepted, I felt free to deny other propositions, including this one, which came via e-mail from my brother, who thinks he's hilarious:

"So I was thinking about purging my sock drawer again. Many of these socks are still in pretty good shape so I thought that I could just sell them to you to raise money for new socks. I would sell them to  you for the small fee of $15. What do you think? I think this sounds like a great proposition if you ask me.

"By the way, I haven’t had a chance to look, what is your fortune today?"

Har dee har har.

Ultimately, though, today was about a proposition I didn't receive. I wasn't offered the gig at Acme Co. I've been writing about. Oh well. If I learned anything from yesterday's fortune, it's that you can never have too much patience. The right opportunities will come along in due course.

No comments:

Post a Comment