Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Today's fortune: September 28, 2011

Today's fortune: Do not let friends impose on you, work calmly and silently.

This wasn't too hard, actually. I didn't feel very good today, so I had no problem working calmly and silently at my desk without letting outside distractions get to me. With my headset covering one ear and my MP3 player plugged into the other, I formed a pretty good cocoon against my friends.

It was nice today... because I felt crummy. But on a normal day, I would have felt like a grade-A jerk. I don't want to ignore my friends and co-workers. I want to be there to help them. I want them to impose on me, because I often impose on them.

So I guess this fortune came along at the perfect time. I followed it today, and I can discard the advice tomorrow, when - hopefully - I'll be feeling more normal.

CARROT UPDATE
The last two days I've eaten my carrot in the morning during my commute to work. When I walk out of the house, the carrot dangles from my mouth like a fine cee-gar, and I chomp on it all the way (carrots take a long time to chew). When I wear it down to the little nub, I roll down the window and chuck it out - just like a cigarette butt, but a much more healthy habit.

When I eat the carrots in the morning, I feel like I can last longer before I eat breakfast and my morning snack. Carrots are filling like that.

Oh, and something to look forward to - a co-worker, who reads this blog, told me he eats a handful of baby carrots every single day. He can't get enough of 'em. But there's a side effect: they turn his feet orange.

2 comments:

  1. Wait...do you work at Aflac?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my son was a baby I fed him so many carrots his face turned orange...

    ReplyDelete