Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Today's fortune: September 6, 2011

Today's fortune: Good things are coming to you in due course of time.

I don't know about you - and maybe I'm showing my age here - but this fortune reminds me of a television ad campaign from the 1980s and '90s that goes a little somethin' like this:


Heinz Ketchup abandoned the "Good things come to those who wait" ad campaign, probably about the same time they embraced squeeze-bottle ketchup like the rest of America - but I think the sentiment is still valid. I think about all the things I'm waiting for in my life, and I'm hopeful the time I'm putting in now will lead to good things. I want to publish a book. I want for Jamie to finish school and become a teacher. I want to have a kid. I want to secure financial independence for my family. I want December 31 to arrive so I never have to eat a fortune cookie ever again.

I believe this fortune will come true. All it takes is a little patience, and a little retro ketchup.

No comments:

Post a Comment