Thursday, October 13, 2011

Today's fortune: October 13, 2011

Today's fortune: A nice cake is waiting for you.

Best. Fortune. EVER!

And it just so happens that my talented and lovely wife Jamie made a cake LAST NIGHT. And it just so happens the cake is nice. And it just so happens the cake is waiting for me at home today.

Jamie made a very unique cake last night - a spice cake with a rich, sweet caramel-ish glaze. The glaze gives the cake a praline quality, which is awesome.


A cake is a wonderful thing to look forward to. Every time my workday was on the verge of getting the better of me, I thought about that cake, and the girl who made it, and all of a sudden things were better. It sounds silly, but it's true. The promise of a slice of Jamie's Spiced Praline Surprise (that's what I'm calling it) kept me focused today.

And a piece of SPS cake to end the day is gonna taste a hell of a lot better than the thing I ate to begin the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment