Friday, October 21, 2011

Today's fortune: October 21, 2011

Today's fortune: You are tasting the sweets of success.

And failure, too, it turns out.

Today I was called on (along with two other widget makers) to give a presentation to a large chunk of the department, an important presentation that affects how we do our jobs on a day-to-day basis. Being asked to participate in the presentation was an honor. And that didn't happen because I'm an unsuccessful widget maker.

Although it kind of did.

The presentation was about that thing I almost got fired for a few months back. My supervisor wanted me to use the experienced I gained from that incident to teach others.

So by asking me to give the presentation, my superiors were acknowledging that I made a mistake but that I've successfully moved past it. Now they want me to help show others how to avoid the mistake in the first place.

The presentation went well, no wardrobe malfunctions or anything, and we're giving the same speech to another group of widget makers next week.

CARROT UPDATE

Only one day left in Carrot Fest '11! And thank god! I am siiiick of carrots. My feet haven't turned orange, but I have seen orange... umm... snot a couple times. So that's gross. I can't say I'll miss carrots. And I don't have any desire to eat one ever again.

However, I'll make some exceptions. My wife has promised to make a carrot cake to help celebrate my month of digestive agony. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment