Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Today's fortune: October 25, 2011 - PHOTO ESSAY

Today's fortune: It is a sunny day.
Is it a lucky thing for this fortune that today happened to be one of the most sunny and beautiful days of the year? Or, was it one of the most sunny and beautiful days of the year because of the fortune?

I'm not sure. But I do know the fortune was right - today was magnificently sunny. I could tell even before I left the house, because Metro Weather's forecast icon told me so.


The sun was particularly remarkable today because it may be the one of the last days of the year when I leave for work during the daylight. And what a beautiful daybreak it was.


The sunrise lighted my path all the way to work, too.


By the time I arrived, I could see the sun itself peeking out from behind the horizon.


I walked outside at lunchtime, but because of the angle of the building I couldn't see the sun. However, my body was warmed by it, and my day made easier because of it. After work, the sun's rays were diffused by cloud cover, creating a great wash of light in the sky.


And by the time I arrived home, the focus of the light was even sharper, making for a warm and beautiful evening.


I would post a picture of the sunset, which promises to be equally stunning, but I'm afraid I won't be awake for it. After spraining my ankle on Saturday and hobbling around the office all day today, I am beat. I can barely keep my eyes open.

Thank god for the sun - without it today, I'm sure I would have fallen asleep at my desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment