Thursday, October 27, 2011

Today's fortune: October 27, 2011

Today's fortune: Behind an able man, there are always other able men.

Back in April, I ran a photo of what the first 100 fortunes spanning the first 100 days looked like - a fairly unremarkable photo.


Then at the halfway point - Day 183 - I posted another photo of all the fortunes up to that point.


Is it just me, or do those two photos dwarf in comparison to the number of fortunes - 300 - I've amassed to today?


Wow. I can't believe it's already Day 300 of this project. Seems like only yesterday I cracked open that first cookie and began this year-long journey. Now, with only 65 days left, I feel like I can see light at the end of the tunnel.

Today's fortune is interesting because of the half of the population it excludes. As one Facebook commenter wrote as an addendum to this fortune: "...and women."

Maybe the fortune writer is old-fashioned, just like the founding fathers and Neil Armstrong, and used the word "men" as a phrase meaning all people. Or maybe they butchered the well-known phrase "Behind every great man is a great woman." Or maybe the fortune writer is genuinely sexist and just doesn't care for the ladies.

But I will take an opportunity to point out a really good guy who is working hard to do something good for himself and his community. A friend of mine is starting a blog to cover local news in a unique and interesting way, and it's launching soon. Today, he posted the following Facebook message: "Okay Matt Kelsey, how is this for a fortune: You will profit soon from an investment opportunity."

I hope it comes true for my friend. And I'm looking forward to being one of the able men who helps him along the way.

CARROT UPDATE
My month of carrot-a-day madness is over, and I'm finally reaping some rewards. Here is a piece of the wonderful carrot cake my wife made for me - without raisins, just like god intended:

No comments:

Post a Comment