Thursday, November 10, 2011

Today's fortune: November 10, 2011

Today's fortune: You will have gold pieces by the bushel.
Well, hell. No bushels-full of gold pieces fell from the sky today, nor even any single gold pieces. But I kept looking up, just to make sure.

(That reminds me of the ol' 'Penny dropped from the Empire State Building can kill a guy' story, which the MythBusters effectively debunked.)


So since no literal gold fell into my lap today, I had to take the figurative route. I left work at noon today with a pounding headache (it's gone now), but I couldn't go straight home because we were suffering from a critical shortage of groceries. While racing through the aisles to pick up essentials, I grabbed some gold-themed food items, including these lovely Golden Delicious apples:


Some extremely-discounted Halloween candy wrapped in gold foil:


And our dinner tonight, which should bake to a nice golden-brown crust.

No comments:

Post a Comment