Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Today's fortune: December 13, 2011

Today's fortune: When winter comes heaven will rain success on you.

Winter officially begins on December 22 this year, just over a week away. But in the Matt Kelsey Seasonal Calendar of Awesomeness, winter started officially back in November - on the first morning I had to scrape ice from my windshield before driving to work.

(If you were curious, in the Matt Kelsey System, Spring starts when pitchers and catchers report, summer starts the first day I mow my lawn and fall starts when it's cool enough to eat my lunch outside.)

So since winter is already here - in my mind at least - I was more than a little freaked out when I walked outside today and discovered it was raining, like, you know, literally.

But I'll stick to the official script here and wait for December 22. On that day, I will start looking for the success promised in this fortune.

December 22 is three days before Christmas. It's a Thursday. I'm taking the week off next week, so I won't be at work. My eyes will be peeled for success to rain down.

Oh, and by the way, the long-range forecast on Weather.com shows clear, sunny skies for the Kansas City area on December 22. That's a success all its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment