Saturday, December 17, 2011

Today's fortune: December 17, 2011

Today's fortune: You have a keen sense of humor and love a good time.


This is the second  good "sense of humor" fortune I've received this year, but this one's a little different - it adds that I also "love a good time."


And both of those things are true. Not everybody may agree that I have a good sense of humor - some may say it's a sick and twisted sense of humor - but I love my sense of humor. Something tickled my funny bone yesterday, and I'll share the story. Then I'll talk about a good time I had today.


First, the funny. Jamie was talking about somebody she met, and I asked how old the person was. Jamie calculated her age based on the woman's personal history, and said, "She's 31, so she's one year older than me."


I let that statement simmer for a little while, and then I interrupted Jamie and said, "Dear, you do realize you're 31 years old too, right?"


I had burst her bubble. Jamie's shoulders slumped, and she put on her best sad-sack face, but I knew she was laughing. I was laughing too... but gently, since I know a comment like that has the potential to get me killed.


Now, the good time. Today we picked up my parents and took that aforementioned road trip to Louisburg, Kansas. Before heading to the Louisburg Cider Mill, we stopped by a hometown cafe called Miss B's, where I had quite possibly the best chicken fried steak of my life.




We stuffed ourselves silly, then headed over to the Cider Mill. We are now the proud owners of a half-gallon jug of cider and a dozen apple cider donuts, which will make a lovely Sunday morning breakfast. Finally, we stopped by a Louisburg winery for a tasting; we brought two bottles home with us, too.


It was a hell of a fun day.

1 comment: