Friday, December 31, 2010

How each post will be formatted

One day before the launch of the My Daily Fortune project, and I want to tend to a little housekeeping.

Here's a sample of how each daily post will be formatted:

Title: DAY 1: January 1, 2011

Today's Fortune: Pay attention to the color purple today.

Today's Lucky Numbers: 14 16 28 29 45 49

Those two items will be posted in the morning, usually around 7 a.m. That way, people who want to follow the fortunes for themselves can discover them first thing in the morning. Then, in the evening, I'll follow through with the body of the post, chronicling what happened in my own quest to follow the fortune.

After that, I'll post any updates I have to previous fortunes. Also, once a week, I'll post the results of that week's lottery drawing.

Speaking of the lottery, my plan is to use the six numbers on each cookie on Kansas Lottery Powerball tickets. I live in Kansas and that's the most convenient plan for me. To reduce the amount of times I go to the gas station each week (and to reduce the temptation to purchase a greasy, crud-filled, delicious taquito from the QuikTrip rotisserie), I will probably purchase an entire week's worth of lottery tickets on Friday for the Saturday drawing. My lottery results will then be posted on Sunday.

If anyone can think of a better way to format this, I'm definitely open to suggestions. Just drop me a note in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment